When purchasing a gravity-fed water filter system, it’s the quality of the filter elements that matters most. Here’s why.
Are there specific contaminants you need to address?
Take control of your tap water
- I’m worried about PFAS (man-made “forever chemicals” in our water)
- I’m concerned about high levels of heavy metals such as lead
- I’m concerned about corrosion and aging pipes
- I want to be prepared for boil orders and potential E. coli
- I am in an area where radiologicals are a potential concern
- I have a well, and want a final barrier solution
- I want to get away from plastic bottles
Ensure clean water while enjoying the outdoors
Be prepared for emergencies
How can you be confident that you’re getting the right gravity-fed water filter system for your needs?
Make this your checklist while shopping:
- Make sure you’re getting purification-level performance
- Carefully consider contaminant claims and demand to see test results from an accredited lab
- Know how long filter elements last:
- Is there is time limitation?
- How many gallons?
- Can the elements need to be re-primed if they dry out (or aren’t used every day)
- Check manufacturer websites and marketplace listings for system capabilities/specifications
- Watch out for conflicting information across packaging, websites and product listings
- Understand the length of the warranty and if there are any major limitations/restrictions
- Examine support options, and consider calling to examine your experience
- Understand how the system works, and where it can (or can’t) be used
- Evaluate if the system can process sufficient water quantities
- For typical daily use, multiply the number of people in your group by .5 gallons
- In an emergency, multiply the number of people in your group by one gallon (minimum amount generally required)
What makes Berkey® gravity-fed systems and Black Berkey® Purification Elements superior?
There is no substitute for Berkey® quality. Berkey® systems equipped with authentic Black Berkey® Purification Elements are an essential in today’s world: they “check all the boxes”, addressing the concerns listed above.
Remove or Dramatically Reduce 200+ Contaminants
Black Berkey® Purification Elements are classified as water purifiers because they remove up to 99.999% of viruses and 99.9999% of pathogenic bacteria, while also removing or dramatically reducing protozoa, trihalomethanes, inorganic minerals, heavy metals, pharmaceuticals, pesticides, VOCs, petroleum products, perfluorinated chemicals, rust, silt, sediment and even radiologicals.
Berkey® by NMCL has used several different independent labs, tested multiple samples, and performed Extreme-Testing for Lead and PFC’s in order to review the effectiveness of our Black Berkey® Purification Elements.
Each pair of Black Berkey® Purification Elements is designed to last for up to 6,000 gallons before needing replacement, with no time limitation. Plus, they can be re-primed for re-use if they dry out, making them ideal for travel or emergency/occasional use. Black Berkey® Purification Elements are also economical—important in these uncertain times—averaging just 2 cents per gallon of purified water.
Authentic Black Berkey® Purification Elements are the Right Choice for Your Loved Ones
Available in 7 sizes, Berkey® water purification systems are made for the extreme, yet enjoyed every day. They can easily purify ordinary tap water and well water, yet are powerful enough to efficiently purify raw, untreated water from freshwater sources such as remote lakes, rivers and streams.